If you have a little person, the chances are that you’ve definitely experienced the realities of sleep deprivation. Wearing your Superwoman Spanx (or Wonderdad Y-fronts), you’re holding everything together, but sometimes, just sometimes, there are tell-tale signs that you could do with just a tad more sleep…
- You find porridge oats in the fridge & milk in your cupboard.
- You’ve drunk 10 cups of coffee & it’s only 10.30am.
- You have more unread emails than there are atoms in the universe.
- You sit on the toilet way longer than required just to get some peace, and leave the bathroom with the pattern of the toilet roll imprinted on your forehead, having accidentally fallen asleep for 15 minutes.
- You pour breast milk in your coffee & don’t even notice it tastes strange.
- You drop off the kids at nursery & take a life-saving nap in the carpark.
- You accidentally put salt rather than sugar in your mother-in-law’s tea. When you realise, you figure she’ll just have to make do.
- You take your shower sitting/lying down. You never take a bath in case you drown.
- You start googling cosmetic procedures to remove under-eye bags. You make an appointment for a consultation & then forget to turn up.
- You spend 20 minutes frantically looking for your glasses, to finally discover them on top of your head.
- You answer the remote control, for the second time today.
- Hearing “sleep when your baby sleeps” makes you physically want to harm somebody.
We wish we sold sleep, really we do. We’d be front of the queue! However, in the meanwhile we do sell helpful kit that could help you get those extra 40 winks (see below), plus our Live Chat Team is here to help, 9am-5pm, every weekday. Just hit that purple button, bottom right.