It’s time to say goodbye - some might say good riddance? - to 2020.
It's been a tough year for so many, but it’s made all of us at KIDLY hugely thankful. For the support we get from you, our customers, but also from our communities, friends and families. Which is why, in November, we launched the KIDLY Family Fund, to help families in need of financial and emotional assistance. Through our first fundraiser - Give Back Friday - you helped us raise £25,000. We split that money between two amazing family-focused charities, Buttle UK and Home-Start. We thought you'd like to know what a difference that contribution makes.
The £12,500 you donated provided:
- 130 families with groceries and electricity top-ups so they could have a warm, bright and cheerful Christmas
- 50 children, who might not otherwise have got even one present, with a gift of a book or toy
- 50 Christmas activity packs to help keep families entertained.
It will also pay for recruitment and training of more volunteers to help families through the Covid crisis and beyond.
The £12,500 you donated will help:
- 5 young people who are estranged from their families to study at college so they can realise their aspirations
- 5 families blighted by domestic violence to make a new start.
It will also pay for:
- 30 children’s after school activities for a month
- 60 sets of bedding for kids who might otherwise sleep under their coat.
We’ll be running more projects for the KIDLY Family Fund throughout 2021. If you have any ideas or input, we’d love to hear it. Email us at: email@example.com
In the meantime, we just wanted to thank you for your support so far and to wish you and your family a Happy New Year.