Buying gifts is hard at the best of times, however buying gifts for your little person that will drag them away from the fascination that is wrapping paper is a whole different league.
With Bells’ first Christmas almost upon us, I find myself with the age old conundrum of knowing that she won’t remember Christmas but feeling like a bad parent if I don’t buy her anything.
Last week I took to the KIDLY Facebook page to ask for your ‘Top-of-the-Christmas-gift-pops’ in the hope of being able to steal, I mean borrow a few.
Here are some of your top choices:
- Noisy toys - the louder the better it would appear. The B. Toys Rockestra is a sure fire winner. Available from KIDLY
- Learning toys - fun & development all-in-one makes for good investment toys. The B. Toys Two-ty Fruity Abacus is a definite ‘grow-with-me’ toy. Available from KIDLY
- Jumperoo - they take up room & they aren’t necessarily pretty but they guarantee giggles and occupy little people for at least a house clean. The Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo is one of the most popular. Available from Smyths Toys
- Comforter - depending on the age of your baby, this is something they’ll use day in, day out for years to come. The Aden + Anais Musy Mate Lovey Comforter Toy is pretty enough you won’t mind them carrying it everywhere. Available from KIDLY
- Mobile/Nightlight - something to help decorate baby’s room ready for when they make the move, it’ll keep them soothed & entertained for a good while to come. The Duux Baby Projector is one of our favourites. Available from KIDLY
- Teether - every baby goes through teething & anything that can bring a bit of relief is a gift both to baby and mum! The Sophie la Giraffe Sophisticated Teether Set is the perfect size for mini hands. Available from KIDLY
- Clothes - you’d need to buy them anyway & if you’re anything like me, your baby’s growth spurt seems to have come out of nowhere. The KIDLY 6 piece gift set has you covered on all fronts. Available from KIDLY
- Pop up ball pit - as soon as baby can sit up, it’s guaranteed they’ll love a ball pit. The Sensory Ball Pit is compact and easy to store which means it won’t be yet another thing to add to the living room. Available from Early Learning Centre
- Wooden toys - there’s something really special about wooden toys that last the test of time. The Janod Duck Family Pull Along Toy is one of my faves! Available from KIDLY
- Books - great for developing imaginations & forming part of your mini-me’s routine. The Owl & Dog Guess Who Playbook is a guaranteed hit! Available from KIDLY
- Baby walker - One of the best ‘grow-with-me’ toys, the Boikido 2-in-1 Wooden Walker Ride-On is great for when your sleep thief isn’t yet mobile right through till they’re sturdy and bashing up your furniture. Perfect. Available from KIDLY
I’ve saved you some time, as I know how little of it us parents get, by listing the products you can get from KIDLY below. Always giving, I know.
Mel is a #KIDLYparent, here to share the realities of raising her little person Arabella.