Finding them a perfect pair of shoes that fit right can sometimes feel like a Cinderella story. Some don’t fit their little feet properly, some are too hard to get on, some just don’t support foot development and some look like ugly sisters. Thankfully, there are companies like Bobux out there: New Zealand’s Prince Charming of kids’ shoe design, they take what they do to heart. Here are 10 reasons why we love their range:
1. We share the same ethos
They’re made by parents for parents and kids. When founders Chris and Colleen Bennett were looking for a perfect pair of shoes for their newly-walking daughter and couldn’t find any that were good for foot development, Chris took to his garage and the rest, as they say, is history…
2. They invented soft soles
Those shoes with the thin layer of suede as the sole that allow for lots of foot movement for cruisers and first walkers? Bobux were the pioneers in 1991. Some soft soles were the first pair to come out of Chris’ garage.
3. They design for three stages
- The Bobux Step Up range has been designed for kids who have grown out of soft soles and are cruising and mastering those very first little steps. Fit children from as young as 9 months to 2 years, depending on their development.
- Bobux l-Walks have been specifically designed for when your kid moves from the baby to toddler stage and is walking confidently. They support the changes that happen in the shape of the foot at this stage to help healthy foot development.
- Bobux’s KID+ range is for confident little walkers who have mastered those toddles and are ready to run, jump, skip and everything in between.
4. They work with experts
They work with foot health professionals to make their designs are always supporting little feet. Bobux has also formed partnerships with respected universities to learn more about of foot health too.
5. Each design for all stages
If your cruiser loves their Bobux boots or trainers, they make the same styles in step-ups, I-Walks and KID+ and each one has technology that supports each stage of their foot development. Grab new colours, pass them down to siblings or, just simply store them away as mementos of their first, second and third pair of shoes.
6. They're super stylish
Whether you love the classic look, cool trainer or ballet pump, Bobux do a style for everyone. Psssst, we love this season’s Grass Court Swiches with their swappable velcro straps.
7. They only use quality fabrics
Whether it’s leather for breathability, Merino inners to keep moisture and foot odour at bay, polyester for flex and to withstand wear and tear, or bamboo for breathability and eco-creds, they’ve got it all covered.
8. They make parents' lives easier
From wide opening and adjustable velcro fastenings and pull on tabs, these shoes are great for little ones to put on themselves. Great for them to learn independence and make them feel like a ‘grown up’ and one less job for you.
9. They fit on real kids
At KIDLY, we use real babies to size our clothes. Bobux too uses foot casts and real kids to make sure their shoes are right for little feet. Unlike other brands who just measure down from adult sizes.
10. Their Seedling range gives back
The Seedling is Bobux's new environmentally minded, super comfy lightweight shoe that exploits all the amazing properties of bamboo. The knitted upper is lightweight, breathable, durable and designed to support their feet's free movement, while the flexible and funky-looking sole is made from natural and recycled rubber. Even better still, for every pair of Seedling shoes sold around the world, one tree will be planted in Indonesia.
So there you have it. Bobux in a nutshell. And remember, if you need any more guidance, our Live Chat Team are always here to help, 7am-11pm, every day. Just hit that purple button, bottom right.