Why we're here.
In my 15 years at ASOS I grew to love what we had built; a one-stop, easy to use fashion shop, selling a trusted edit of the world's best brands and our own-label.
So, when I became a dad I looked around for a similar edit of 'all things kids', but it just wasn't there. Rather than settle, I decided to do something about it and, in 2016, we launched KIDLY, the only store a modern shopper needs for the 0-5s in their lives.
How we do things.
To us, a modern kids store means a store built by people that know kids, stocking the best products, not all the products, providing an effortless shopping experience and run by a friendly team, with integrity.
This is how we break it down:
Inspiring and effortless
You won't labour through our store. We hope you'll be inspired by the constant newness, finding beautiful things at every turn, curated into meaningful collections that reflect your own sense of style and each stage the little one you're shopping for, is at. We continuously strive for the KIDLY experience to be effortless, from the website to your door. The team are bend-over-backwards helpful & here to help 7am-11pm, 365 days a year. Plus, we design the website to use one-handed, because what busy parent can spare two?
Always style and substance
We scour the planet to bring the world's best brands together in one place and we'll only sell design-led and genuinely useful products. In fact, everything is tested by little ones and approved by their parents before we sell it.
We also create our own products. Exclusive to us, KIDLY Label is style made simple for 0-5s. There's no middleman so it's premium quality at high street prices. To dress up or down, worn on their own or to complete a look.
Custodians of the collection
KIDLY Parents are hundreds of mums and dads who help us fit all our own-label garments on real kids in a real environment, who test (and keep!) every product before we sell it, so we can stand by our ‘genuinely useful' promise, and who operate our live chat every waking hour, every day of the year, so you can talk to someone who cares and understands. Of course, many of us here at KIDLY HQ are parents too!
The KIDLY way
Helpful, Friendly, with Integrity
To put it simply, how we behave trumps everything. So much so, that over the last few years we've crafted a set of values to live by 👇
I'd always said to myself if I ever started a business I'd also always do business in a nice way; I'd only ever sell things I'd want in my own house and for my own kids, I'd do right by my colleagues who had taken a chance in joining me, and by our customers who could easily shop elsewhere.
So, we may just be here because I wanted to open a shop but we run our shop with these guiding principles always front of mind.
- Shopping for little ones should be as enjoyable as shopping for yourself.
- In always being helpful, and always being here to help, no matter what.
- We're all in it together. So be nice to customers, suppliers and each other. Do not assume equality, inclusion and tolerance is everywhere. Champion it at every opportunity.
- In continuously listening to our customers, and acting upon what they say.
- Style and substance can coexist, so great quality, design-led & genuinely useful things are all we'll ever sell.
- Being a new parent is daunting, yet it's a well-trodden path. We'll always back up our choices with parent feedback and opinion.
- In taking responsibility - we continually strive to lessen the impact we have on the environment. See how we're Going Green.
James Hart Founder